Monday, December 8, 2008

Just When We Get Started.......


My computer crashes. Can I cry on y'alls shoulder? Yesterday my day started out early. Up at 5AM and out the door at 6AM. Daughter and I loaded in the car on our way to Richmond, VA for her cheer competition. Two more quick stops to pick up our carpooling buddies and off we go. Four screaming girls and three moms desperately looking for a Starbucks drive through. No worries we are in the capable hands of "Maggie" my new GPS system. Under the spell of Josh Groban, Jewel, Faith Hill and Sheryl Crow (who I discovered should really not have made a Christmas CD because the gal can't sing, sorry Sheryl) and four tweens screaming out their rendition of O'Holy night we are off. We navigate the I86 cooridoor with ease and on to the I95. We arrive in record time. Into the Richmond Convention Center to a throng of screaming girls in belly baring tops and skirts that are too short. Glittery makeup and enough hair spray to send the entire Southern region of the US into stage 5 global warming. I think we will need more Starbucks to get through this one! 6 hours later and a first place trophy in hand we are on our journey home. One quick stop for petrol and a Mc D's drive through. Maggie is navigating us onto our destination. Things quiet down to a low verbal back drop of "AquaMarine" playing on the DVD player. Then we decide to listen to it in French even though we don't speak a word. Bon Jour! Let me mention I think this is really where my migraine started. So mid way through the I85 my newer model SUV decides to STOP. STOPS COLD. We coast to the shoulder. Three moms with a blank deer in the headlights look upon their faces. My shotgun rider phones her DH. I phone mine. Voicemail. We sit 5 minutes.....10 minutes. Daughter starts to whimper and her voice is quivering. I decide I am going to try to start it again. TA-DA! Fires right up. Do we dare pull out and start on the journey again? DH calls back. I 10-4 him the situation. He announces in no uncertain terms that it is "either the alternator or the electric system". "But it is running don't you think I should keep driving?" We are instructed by the fources that be (three husbands on cell phones who know exactly what is wrong with the SUV) to get to the first exit we find. So we did and as we made that left turn off the HWY the car dies again. Two hours from home. Eight of us waiting in the cold for two cars to come pick us all up. Now the migraine is in full force. We did all make it home safely. I log on to find that my computer had crashed. I type this from hubbys. So needless to say I may not be blogging for a few days. Stay tuned...........

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that y'all were able to make it home safe. I would have gotten a migraine too! Congratulations on them placing in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had one of those days.. Just means it will get better... positive attitude right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you got off the road and home safely. This brings back lots of memories of transporting band kids everywhere! Where is a Starbucks when you need one? Hope your computer woes are short lived. Kathy (congrats on the first place and your daughter is a doll)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm...First place is good, right? :-) I'm sorry for your rotten luck afterwards. Hope your Monday went better than the weekend did!

    Hey, can we catch replays of the competition on any of those sports chanels? I love watching cheerleading! (Tho it is so different than when you & I were...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do you get a new car for Christmas???? Something sporty and low to the ground with a big red bow? Show Reinhart my comment... Miss you guys..Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a rough day...congrats on teh trophy, however!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The alternator was the culprite. A $500 repair. Luckily under our exrended warranty! Nice to see you LeighAnne, Reinhard would like to know if you and Troy will be making that car payment for us? My Christmas gift came in the form of a drum set for my 15 year old, tall black UGG boots for my 10 year old and a Ghillie suit for my 12 year old! My computer crash was the 2009 Microsoft anti software scan virus. $99 and it will hopefully be good as new. Merry Christmas to me! Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each and every one of your comments and I try to comment back when I can.