Friday, December 5, 2008

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things


Dew drops on roses and mittens on kittens. Whimsical dog face portraits , I'm smitten. Plaid on my windows and on a mans thighs. These are the things that can make me go "sigh". Jacobean prints all over the place, but really I am not one for the lace. Transferware plates, especially in blue, harlequin patterns, I must have these too! When the clock strikes where the mind goes when I've not much to do, I think of these things with a smile on my face, and oh what I plan to do! French country touches with a bit of whimsy, stop with the toile your creating a frenzy! Traditional touches all over the place, don't make it stuffy but lets keep the grace. Oh for a chandelier dripping with light, these are the things that I dream of at night. My husband says "stop spending" and I do for awhile, until I see that lamp with such style! Yes I could go on, I have many passions, decortating my home, for me, always in fashion.

9 comments:

  1. Good morning! I caught myself singing to the words of your post! How cute!!
    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I like your favorite things! Those are some of my favs, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. KD...Love those little dog pictures. They would look really good with those cat plates of Barb's. Y'all let me know when I can come pick them up!!! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem, KD. Very clever. I'm singing along, too. Be grateful you cannot hear me! (I can't carry a tune in a bucket!):-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was singing too and very nice list. Welcome to the world of blogging. You will get addicted. Your blog has started off nicely and good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love sharing your life. Good job and as always, I love your home.

    AKA Always Nesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see your blog as well as your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haaa! Loved your version! Yes, those are a few of my favorites too...anything to do with decorating! This is my first visit to your blog and I am enjoying my sunday afternoon reading it! Love your wallpaper in your dining room & your study looks so cozy. I think I might have to join in your Theme Thursdays! ~ Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each and every one of your comments and I try to comment back when I can.