Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'll Have A Blue Christmas......


For today's Tablescape Thursday I decided to go blue. That really isn't too difficult for me since blue is indeed my favorite color. For this table I did mostly white accented with silvers and then threw in some blues and aqua blues. Today you are going to get two different looks. How so? I am going to show you, how, by changing just two elements on a table you can get a completely different look and feel.......


I started with a white table cloth and then layered some silver ribbon across the table connecting each place setting. On top of that I placed a silver charger. Out came my formal china for this event. White bone china with a lovely platinum band. Simple elegance that I never tire of. For a bit of fun and color I placed a bit of bling, in the form of ornaments, that are beaded and sequined in aquas and blues on each plate. I used a bright blue napkin at each setting as well.





I scattered ornaments here and there in silvers and whites for texture and interest and more sparkle.




Once the candles were lit the table just took on a glow all its own!


The ornaments caught the light and just shined.




My formal crystal glasses were the perfect choice with their platinum bands.






Shine and sparkle and just enough color!



I have had this terrarium for what seems forever but there is always something wonderful that can be done with it. Here I filled it with ornaments and some decorative picks and a candle. I loved the way it glowed.




The cut out scroll work on the lid is my favorite part of this piece!



Even my silver sugar basket got into the spirit with some ornaments and greenery. My knife rest and cake knife seemed to want in on the party as well.










Some silver iced topiary Christmas trees were the perfect choice to accompany the centerpiece.

















A winter wonderland!



Remember how I said by just changing one or two elements on a table you can give it an entirely different look. That is just what I did here. By replacing the center piece with a silver bowl laden with blue and white transferware balls and silver and white ornaments as well as some decorative blue ornament picks I have started a whole new look!





It completely changes the presence of this setting.


But I didn't stop there I replaced the dinner plates with my Spode blue and white transferware plates and placed blue bulbs and greenery on the salad plates as a topper.





All the other elements remained the same........



Oh, except I couldn't stop myself from placing blue bunny out on adventure to keep that blue and white transferware theme going!



























One of my favorite things about my Spode blue room is every plate has a different scene or pattern.



As you can see by the plate borders they are all different.










I hope my blue Christmas brought you inspiration! Please join Susan as she hosts Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch by clicking here. Have a blessed week and I hope if you are feeling blue it is only in color!


28 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is absolutely incredible. I love your choice of colors. The sparkle of the candles gives off the feeling of warmth and richness. Thanks for the inspiration. This was truly beautiful. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is just stunning, love the blue and white and silver, wonderful dishes and i love all the close ups on the photos, just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love both settings...just beautiful--the china,crystal,centerpieces, and colors all are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh- everything is wonderful-just wonderful.

    It looks like a magazine-

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do beautiful work. It's absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never really liked blue for Christmas, but after seeing this stunning table, I've changed my mind. Everything is so elegant. The candles exude such a warm richness. I love transferware too. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty - I love that lantern too !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is my favorite so far!! Just beautiful!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both settings are stunning. The choice of colors just perfect. How warm and elegant and certainly an inspiration!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm lovin' the double tablescape and can't decide between the one with the lantern and the other with the bowl/ornaments@! Thanks for sharing both truly beautiful selections.
    Blessings, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I love what you have done! Everything is soooo PRETTY...love the candles...sets the mood!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning table! You've given me some inspiration for my January tablescape! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant, wintery table. It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both tablescapes are absolutely gorgeous!! I don't usually think of blue for Christmas but love it! So beautiful - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful. The blue, silver and white make a gorgeous table. Love the ornaments scattered here and there and the gorgeous ornament on each place setting was fabulous. What a wonderful table.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is so beautiful and I love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both tables...you just can't go wrong with blue/white! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where do I even begin! First of all I love BOTH tablescapes. The blue and white is just so exquiste! Every detail is lovely. The soft trees, the bowls and basket of ornaments, the beautiful dishes. All so purposefully done. This is one of my very favorite tables!
    Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous table! Love the candle lantern and the touches of blue all around just make it all pop.
    Great job!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning table....Love Love Love the blue...I love the bowl in the middle with the christmas decorations...
    Merry Christmas
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok. Now I know I am definitely an under achiever. This table is amazing, stunning, not to mention exquisite!
    ~Mona~

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow!! I love the formal decorating look! Check out my blog if you ge a chance! Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning and sophisticated winter table. I love the use of silver, white and blue. Absolutely Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous tablescape. Like the centerpiece, ornaments in the bowl, and especially the trees, crystal-ish ornaments on the plates, and the blue Spode!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the inspiration. This was truly beautiful.

    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each and every one of your comments and I try to comment back when I can.