Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Woodland Plaids, Bunnies and Scottie Dogs





My first Christmas or Winter table scape of the season. Remember my love affair with plaids? Do you hear the bag pipes? I guess I could call this a Highland Christmas!

I stared off my table with one of my other favorite things. My white stoneware bunny rabbit. I filled his basket with greenery and berries. He is displaying it proudly. I placed some more pine and berries on either side of him to warm up the empty space on the table. How easy is that?







I double layered a black watch plaid with a black ticking stripe.



















More plaid? You betcha. I found these adorable plates at home goods and it was love at first site. That plaid border! Who could resist? I decided to add my black and white Royal Stafford transferware salad plates to the mix.








Each salad plate has a different scene which I love! You know how I adore mixing it up!










Just look what is waiting under those salad plates this adorable Scottie Dog all decked out in plaid. I told you I should call this a Highland Christmas!









Remember the other day when I told y'all that I love to keep some small boxes on hand to place in my Christmas decor. Some on the trees and some ......here. All gussied up in a Tartan bow.




































Tea lights at glow at each place setting and surrounding the centerpiece. A sprig of berries adds some fun to each glass.









Hope you enjoyed my table this week. For more wonderful creations visit Between Naps on the Porch by clicking here where Susan hosts Tablescape Thursday Each week. Stay warm and rejoice in the season!



25 comments:

  1. How lovely are those plaid chargers!! I wanna run out to Homegoods right now for them! They are soooo cute! Now, I gotta think of a way to convince my husband that I need them. Thanks for sharing such a lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for the weird layout of this post. It was not this way when I did it! In fact not only is it all moved around but about 4 pictures are missing. I am leaving it as is because of lack of time to re-do it. Sorry if it is imposssible to read/view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove those dishes.
    Be still my heart.
    Everything looks beautiful and festive.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your plaids -- this is such a pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love all your plaids.. those scottie dogs on the plates are just too cute. I would love if we had a Homegoods so I could rush out to get some..lol. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am in plaid heaven. I love all your layering. I think this might be one of the prettiest tablescapes you have done. Every single detail came together. I love the toile plates with the plaid - perfect. Your bunny looks adorable all dressed in Christmas finery. I also loved your photography. The pics were so soft and elegant. Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty plaid and I really like the dishes.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute. Love the bunny!!!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plaid border on those dishes is really great! I love your table and the things you combined! Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the plaid with the black and white transferware, such a pretty table and i love the bunny, It makes you wanna run to home goods.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the 'playful' nature of this setting! The colors are great~
    Blessings * Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly love this and I absolutely had to follow anyone who has a blog named Southern Whimsy!!! Two of my favorite things in one!
    I'm in AL. My in-laws were in Greensboro and now are on the coast in beautiful Edenton and my cousins are right outside of Raleigh in Cary and another set in Oxford.
    Many blessings to you,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I truly love this and I absolutely had to follow anyone who has a blog named Southern Whimsy!!! Two of my favorite things in one!
    I'm in AL. My in-laws were in Greensboro and now are on the coast in beautiful Edenton and my cousins are right outside of Raleigh in Cary and another set in Oxford.
    Many blessings to you,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can hear the bagpipes now.... Just lovely! The plaids all go together so well. Love the Scottie dog and the bunny too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fun! Wouldn't have expected little doggies underneath it all.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Came across your blog from They call me jammi's blog and i just love your style and now am a new follower :0 going to take a peek around your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your post. Plaid chargers! Where in the heck did you get them? I'm all over it. I was just at Homegoods today but didn't see them. They kill me! --Delores

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh great combination of patterns and textures. Loving the plaid!
    You are inspiring me, thanks, fun to see.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Your home looks so relaxing and welcoming! I love your tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just adore all the different plaids with the transferware. Your table is very warm and inviting. The Scottie dog chargers are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Warm and welcoming winter colours! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love the little plaid scottie dog plates! Love all the plaid and the use of the transferware plates!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I really love everything. Totally unexpected with the bunnies and dogs but is so festive and inviting. Love the plaid!! Great great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A Christmas Bunny, how perfect! Love all your beautiful stuff. Marla

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful tablescape. I ADORE those plaid dishes!! Great find.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each and every one of your comments and I try to comment back when I can.