Thursday, December 10, 2009

Whimsy Christmas











I heard about the party happening at the three blogs listed here and decided I am always one for a party! Hope you enjoy my tour of what has been happening in the Whimsy home this season. Keep checking back in with me as I will be adding to this as projects are completed.









Some outside berries to welcome our guests. a red cardinal bird all tucked in and waiting...........















For you to enter ............tons of Christmas decorating





A sneak peak at this cute Scotty you see, he's part of a table, a breakfast party!





Of course a monogram or two where ever we can sneak those in too!

off to the family room a mantel awaits some trees, some reindeer how much will it take?.......












Some polka dot ribbon should do just the trick, to make the mantel Whimsical and quick........









The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.......except they kept twisting and turning while they were up there...............























All around the house not a surface was safe not even a frame.....like a cat through the night with her ribbon she came............



A candle was lit a box was wrapped this gal was getting tired she needed a nap!............




But round the corner to the kitchen she came, what apothecary jars to fill? You heard her exclaim!...........


The snowman kept quiet, he knew from past years, don't stop her now unless you want screaming and tears............



The bird listened quietly as he donned his red bow...........



Then off to the entry, how far will she go?..........










off to the family room a mantel awaits some trees, some reindeer how much will it take?.......




Some frosted fruit and gold reindeer, THAT is what I am doing in here..........































































And as she was working in her mind she did see, a plan that was forming for the family room tree..........













She spotted her bunny he was looking quite lonely he needed a purpose, she thought, if only........






Well what do you know Thursday was approaching, a tablescape would work, I have just the thing a bunny some bows, what about plaid, that certainly goes..........








I'll use my new plates, I have been wanting a reason , to pull them out for this holdiday season.........




and while at the table, She couldn't stop there, she had all this silver, now what could we do? Well why don't we just throw in some blue!............













Oh back to the kitchen, I think I forgot a place for the holly, it won't take a lot........
























If you didn't see enough or want more detail click on these links for some more show and tell!





Reindeer & Frosted Fruit



Making a Deer Center Piece






Now go on your way and check out more goodies, some talented bloggers will share what they've done , be sprite be quick your in for more fun! If you click one of the links, a party you will find ,full of holiday lovelies all one of a kind!


Julia at Hooked on Houses December 14th

Thrifty Decor Chick December 14th




The Nesting Place December 14th



May your season be filled with the spirit of giving the warmth of love and the grace of who we celebrate!










33 comments:

  1. You are super talented, and quite the writer I must say
    Merry Christmas
    Love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks fantastic! Great job! I figured out that to keep my stockings from twisting, I stuffed them with a small amount of tissue and flattened them, just to give them their shape and a little weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your decor. And your poem was really cute too!!! I still need to make my stockings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly Stunning! You have a very lucky family to get to enjoy your talents. Truly Beautiful .Hope you have a very merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, it's official, your home is THE MOST beautiful home I've ever seen! I love your style of decorating so much KD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! What a lovely home you have and it's simply magical with all your Christmas decor! Love your table setting too with that precious little bunny1
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every thing looks so beautiful! Your home is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved these photos. I can't pick a favorite...but I do love the Scottie and the plaid bows. And your trees! Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the decor...everything looks so elegant, but warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is absolutely STUNNING! And your decorating skills amazing! I could just move right ih there and never leave!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your decorating style. Your home is absolutely stunning. I am glad to find you and I'm following you now so I can keep up with you.I really love the harlequin in the book shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning...my fav is...the "R" monogram...I must do this next year! Hope you have a great Sunday! Oh yes, I'm a new follower!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know which i like better, the decor or the song. it is beautiful. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully decorated. Merry Christmas!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is all very beautiful.

    My favorites would be the mantle - gorgeous and of course the cute rabbit and the scottie plate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH WOW!!!! I love your home! It is simply stunning! thanks for sharing!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very beautiful! Your style reminds me of my mother's and my aunt's...a VERY good thing btw! Nice poem as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello everyone. I just wanted to hop on and thank you all for your nice compliments. I do try to respond to everyone I can but many of you have the "no reply" setting done to your link. I hope I did get back to those of you who had specific questions and if I didn't just give me a shout out again. It is nice to see so many new names on here and I am happy you enjoy my blog. I have been trying to visit as many blogs as time will allow and let me just say there have been lots of ohhh's and ahhhhh's on my end at all the beautiful and creative homes out there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a lovely home. I miss our big colonial home that we had about years ago. My hubby took a different turn in his career path and now we live in a parsonage that is way to small for the size of our family and definately not my style. So I'm dreaming of the day when we can buy or build our own home again.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home looks Beautiful...I especially like the monogrammed garland! That is an idea I will be remembering. Thanks for sharing your lovely home.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many lovely Christmas details! I just love it all! Thanks for showing us around and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the attention to detail! You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your Christmas chandelier and your Scottie dog plates. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have such an elegant home...and your Scotty is adorable!!

    Thanks for showing us around. You are welcome to see my home anytime. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the R wreath! Beautiful! I am stopping in from Nester's place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stopping by from Nesters
    I love your home it is so cozy and welcoming
    Many Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stopping by via Hooked on Houses. Very clever wording for your post! I love the plaid you added, the unique topping on your tree, and the ribbon every where- what a great way to add cheer all over!! Oh, and who doesn't love an evergreen monogram?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything is beautiful. I didn't have a tree this year because of a huge move that just took place 6 weeks ago. This is the first time ever that I didn't have a tree. I have enjoyed looking at everyone elses decorations online. Yours is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each and every one of your comments and I try to comment back when I can.