Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bling, Bling, Bling, Bling







Apple green, red and gold and a lot of beads and sequins give the tree in my entry some bling.
I added some ribbon to the chandelier with a few gold ornaments to dress it up.



I used the same ribbon around my tree.




A great and inexpensive way to fill space on a tree is to place wrapped boxes on the tree. At $.79 a box a little goes a long way. I like to use them all over my house in my Christmas decor.






Those red cardinals you see peeking out of the tree even got the bling treatments. A few red sequins and a glue gun had them just a little more glitzy and contributed to the feel of the tree.
















I found this beaded and sequined fruit at Michael's and loved it. It was really the inspiration for this tree. Add some bling to your holidays this year!















9 comments:

  1. The tree looks just gorgeous. What a great idea to add the sequins for a little extra sparkle. The fruit is such a great touch too. It looks beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I am all about the bling and the glitter!! The more....the better!

    Love it!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bling and it shows up so well in your photos. Beautiful tree for a welcoming entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How festive & inspiring, KD! You did a lovely job!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful, and I loved your post below this too!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful tree and I love the colors and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. KD...you know I LOVE those plaid plates! :-) I'm just crazy about plaid! Your bunny is adorable! I just love that's he holding the Christmas greens! It would be a delight to dine at this wonderful Christmas table! Beautiful!

    Oh...to answer your questions...the snow is Dept. 56 snow...and it's called "Fresh Fallen Snow." It came with one of the houses, many, many years ago. I bet they still make it.
    The light cords are running down the center of the table, behind the houses. When I put the leaf in the table, I left a crack big enough for the cords to fit down through...they all piggy back plug into each other under the table. There is one extension cord running between two chairs to the wall to plug them all in. The rest of the cords are just under the table bundled up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each and every one of your comments and I try to comment back when I can.